Image BlackSmith LLC creates both original logos as well as enhancing already established logos for web presence, digital media, print or broadcast.
Our primary goal in designing a logo begins with three simple rules.
1. Identification – Your Logo should make a positive first impression.
2. Distinction – Your logo should be unique – distinguishing you from the competition.
3. Communication – Your logo should communicate a positive message about your company.
We use these first three rules to guide us during the brainstorming period. Once the brainstorming is completed the process of sketching proposed designs begins. That is followed by bringing the best candidate(s) into Adobe Illustrator for preparation. We use Adobe Illustrator instead of Adobe Photoshop because of the files each produces. Illustrator produces vector files. Vector files are more suitable for logo creation because the files are ubiquitous and do not lose quality regardless of the size it is stretched to. Conversely, Photoshop produces rasterized files which become pixilated as they are expanded leaving files that are not fit for use across multiple media such as business cards, brochures, web sites, posters, billboards and digital animations.
Good Logos typically have the following…
- Has strong, uncluttered image comprised of only the most essential elements.
- Uses imagery that is appropriate for your type of business.
- Compliments your company name.
- Uses a readable font that does not compete with the logo symbol.
- Looks good in black and white, as well as in color.
Image BlackSmith LLC creates both original logos as well as enhancing already established logos for web presence, digital media, print or broadcast. Please take a minute to see a few samples of a mixture of original logos and enhanced logos below.